Pages

Friday, September 20, 2013

Day 9

Paul & Tamara's family
Unfortunately, I didn't get a picture of Miguel & Carolina's family.

Craig took me on a running trail up the mountain this morning, and it was really pretty. It was the most green I've seen on this trip! We had breakfast with Doug and Amy, and then he put me on the bus to Cáceres. Tim was at the bus station and then took me to Badajoz to meet the team there. I had lunch with Paul who's from the Dominican Republic, his wife Tamara who's from Slovakia, and their 3 kids (17,14,9?). Paul is an evangelist, and Tamara is gifted in music and has begun 2 choirs that evangelize to the region of Extremadura. They have a vision to see churches planted in the small towns around Badajoz. Towns of 4,500-6,000 that have no evangelical witness. They desire to see other nations come and help build these churches. They've involved a church in Nebraska that comes with a group of college students who live in Spanish peoples homes n Alberqueque for a couple weeks in the summer and love the people and build relationships that way. I really like this! because I want to involve more of YOU, my team, in coming to Spain and doing ministry here too. Paul and Tamara are working with another couple who I met after lunch. Miguel is Spanish and his wife, Carolina, is from Luxembourg. Miguel is a pastor, and Carolina is gifted in music and hospitality. They also have 3 kids (17,15,11?). After getting to know each other, they took me to the bus station to go back to Cáceres. Tim was there again to pick me up, and we went to his house where we had dinner with Paula and Kristen. (Kristen came to Cáceres for the weekend.) It's been a full day but a good day. God is good all the time. All the time, God is good.