Pages

Monday, September 16, 2013

Day 5


I was able to enjoy the morning with Carmen's family while trying to figure out the meeting plans with World Team. Carmen and Joaquín joined us for lunch and picked up their suitcases for their honeymoon. They are going to Boston, NYC, and Washington D.C. I'm very excited for them and can't wait to hear about it! Since Carmen's parents were taking them to the airport, they insisted on bringing me to Velilla to meet up with World Team teammates. I insisted on taking the metro as they had already been far too good to me, but they wouldn't back down. It was very nice and generous of them to do that, and I can't say thank you to them enough for all the kindness and love they showed to me. They treated me like family; Carmen's mom said I was their adopted daughter as one moved out, another moved in. I thank God for them and am completely humbled by their generous love. 



I met Cesar who brought me to Marvin & Heidi Schmitt's house where I spent the day and night. Marvin and Heidi are both missionary's kids who grew up in Paraguay, married and lived in Paraguay for 7 years, then in Canada for 6 years, came to Spain 2 1/2 years ago with Avant ministries, and joined the World Team Spain team 1 1/2 years ago. Their kids are Carla (13), Brian (10), and Cecilia (6). Velilla is a liberal town of about 15,000 with no evangelical church. They are having a hard time making friends and seeing any fruit. They find the soil very hard here. Many families have moved to Velilla recently, so their is a lot of youth that I could potentially work with. One woman we met in the park said that yes, I should come so I can teach the kids English from a native speaker. We'll see what God has in store!