Pages

Monday, February 15, 2010

Praise God!

Ahh! I am so extremely excited! I'm afraid to write this because my words can't convey my feelings in the way that I want, but it will have to do. I just met with Carmen, Nacho's friend who wants me to teach her kid's English. I was nervous on the way there and just praying that God would guide me through it. She lives very close in a very nice apartment building. The door guy had to ask me the name of the person I was there to see before he would let me in. Talk about intimidating! The maid answered the door and her little girl came too. She's probably about 3 years old. So cute! We sat at the table and talked about what she needed. I'll be helping her two older kids ages 13 and 14 with conversation, the two youngers ones ages 10 and 12 with reading and writing, and I'll be teaching her 7 year-old different phrases and words. She has 7 children in all. I'll be teaching from 7:45-9:15pm every Tuesday and Thursday, and then staying for dinner to talk with them. How exciting!!!! God is sooo good! WOW! He has seriously blown me away! This is so incredibly perfect! She asked me if I knew of anyone that would be here in the summer, and at the moment I don't. She said she wants somebody to live with them during July to speak English so the children have practice. They live in a different home near Cordoba for the summer. I told her I have 10 or so days in July without any plans. She said if I don't find anybody that can stay the whole time, then I might be able to live with them! WHAT?!?! I am so blown away with what God is providing! Is this for real?! That would be so unbelievably perfect! AHH! God is so good! Praise Him! After I left her house, I could not stop smiling. I am so excited about this! I wanted to call someone and tell them but couldn't, which was perfect because I realized that I should be praising God for it. I played some Chris Tomlin and danced around my room. I'm sure I looked silly if anyone saw me through the window, but I don't care. It was so great! My words are not enough to give God the praise that He deserves. This opportunity is so incredible! Praise God for this opportunity! I'm so excited!

On a bit more serious note, please pray that I use this opportunity to give glory to God. That I will be what the kids need to improve their English and do a good job. That I would be creative in incorporating God into my time with them. That I would be a light in their lives and show them God's love. That I would form loving relationships with the entire family. That I would not take this opportunity for granted. That I would give God all the glory for it! That God would guide me and lead me through this opportunity.

WOW! I am seriously blown away right now. I never ever imagined something like this. I love how God blows me away like this! Praise Him!

"How can I keep from singing Your praise
How can I ever say enough
How amazing is Your love
How can I keep from shouting Your name
I know I am loved by the King
And it makes my heart want to sing"


How Can I Keep From Singing by Chris Tomlin


Also, I got a package from my parents today! I am so blessed to have loving parents who care about me so much. Praise God!

Talk about a good Monday morning : )

1 comment:

  1. that is sooooooooooooooo great! :D

    You made my day Kelsey! :D

    ReplyDelete