Pages

Thursday, March 7, 2013

¡Bienvenidos!


¡Bienvenidos!

Welcome back for those of you who’ve been with me on this journey. It’s been awhile since I’ve last posted, but there will no longer be the long gaps between posts. It’s my goal to update here every 2 weeks.
Flamenco: a famous tradition in Spain
http://www.atschool.net/ENG/spanish_flamenco.htm

Why the change?


I’m diving into the journey of serving God with World Team in Spain for 3 years!

This past summer, I signed a 3-year full-time commitment with World Team, a church-planting organization, to serve God in Spain. (to read more about how I got to that point, check out the My Story tab). 

By partnering with World Team, I can take part in the church planting process in Spain in many ways. To begin, I will take at least six months of language classes in Salamanca. Then, I will most likely join the existing team in Cáceres. My role on the team will be mostly to focus on the youth. Through friendships with the youth, I pray that I may be able to share Christ with the Spanish people. These relationships will hopefully lead to discipleship and the building up of leaders so that they can multiply and lead the church of Spain. 

Only God can change people’s hearts. Only God can open people’s eyes to Himself. Only God can win the battle. This is why I need you. 

You can help me reach the Spanish people by encouraging me in the journey, partnering with me in prayer, partnering with me in financial means, and telling more people about the need in Spain. Check out the page: How you can help for more info.

The goal is to be serving in Spain by the end of next February. The "When am I going?" tab explains in more detail the training and partnership needed before I can do that.

While I’m working on fulfilling those requirements, I'm also working as an educational assistant helping Spanish-speaking students to learn English. I work 1/2 day at Cleveland Elementary and 1/2 day at South High in Sheboygan. It is the perfect position for me at this time, where I can be a light to these kids and get daily practice using Spanish! This paid work while living at home is a great help in paying off my school loans. It’s already been a joy and blessing to live so close to family and friends for this season of life. I’m excited to see how God uses this time at home before I leave for Spain.

Thank you for continuing with me in the journey! !Hasta pronto! 

No comments:

Post a Comment